You can quickly switch to the Grouped by Contact view by selecting the dropdown at the top of the drawer.
This view batches all AR invoices into customer groupings. For users with a large number of invoices in their AR drawer, this can be extremely helpful in sorting and viewing your information.
Within the Group by Customer view you will find a host of functionality, including (using the numbering in the image above):
- Search - you can use the search box to narrow down invoices by company name or by invoice number. This works across customer groupings.
- Customer defaults - you can utilize the information boxes below the customer name to adjust all invoices for that specific customer. These information boxes also serve as defaults for new invoices that enter Helm in the future.
- Sorting - you can sort your customer's accounts receivable by any of the columns shown. This can help you focus planning efforts in various ways, oldest invoices outstanding and largest invoice amounts outstanding being two examples.
- ADR - we appreciate that customers "sometimes" don't pay on time (yes, we say that in jest). Helm calculates how customers have paid you in the past and forecasts appropriately, but also lets you adjust this timing as you see fit.
- Date Picker - in addition to adjusting ADR, you can also adjust customer payment expectations directly by simply selecting a date.
- Bulk Editing - you can edit information for a selection of invoices (or all invoices) by using the appropriate check boxes.
- Quick Editing - you can change other information in Helm in addition to timing information. Clicking the "three dots" shows your options for each individual invoice.
- Customer Total - you can verify that each customer's AR forecast is accurate by viewing the sub total in each group. Any invoice that is included in the forecast is totalled here.