When you first open the AR drawer it will default to the detailed view. In the detailed view there is no grouping applied, and all outstanding invoices in your accounting system are shown line by line.
Within the detailed view you will find a host of functionality, including (using the numbering in the image above):
- Search - you can use the search box to narrow down invoices by company name or by invoice number.
- Grouping - you can group your invoices in different ways. Depending on how many invoices you have in your accounting system, this can help reduce the clutter and assist in your planning process.
- Sorting - you can sort your outstanding accounts receivable by any of the columns shown. This can help you focus planning efforts in various ways, oldest invoices outstanding and largest invoice amounts outstanding being two examples.
- ADR - we appreciate that customers "sometimes" don't pay on time (yes, we say that in jest). Helm calculates how customers have paid you in the past and forecasts appropriately, but also lets you adjust this timing as you see fit.
- Date Picker - in addition to adjusting ADR, you can also adjust payment expectations directly by simply selecting a date.
- Bulk Editing - you can edit information for a selection of invoices (or all invoices) by using the appropriate check boxes.
- Quick Editing - you can change other information in Helm in addition to timing information. Clicking the "three dots" shows your options for each individual invoice.
- Total - you can verify that your AR forecast is accurate by viewing the total at the bottom of the drawer. Any invoice included in the forecast is totalled here.